Human Resources Manager
Are you looking to make a huge impact and touch all facets of HR with a fast paced and dynamic HR department? If so, NAPA Auto Parts has a dynamic opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to join the Spokane leadership team of our Distribution Center and Stores. This is the perfect opportunity for you if you:
Love multitasking in all lanes of HR and making an impact on all parts of HR
- Enjoy being the go to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
- Are totally customer centric when it comes to providing effective HR Management to with all levels of employees
- Passion and understanding of being in a key leadership role that touches so many parts of a business
A Day in the life:
- Responsible for the employees and employment practices for the Distribution Center and company-owned NAPA stores.
- Increase bench strength through recruiting, coaching and development of personnel.
- Provide leadership, and establish a work experience that enables NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community
- Partner with the General Manager, District Manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager to ensure the short term and longer-term talent needed to successfully meet business priorities
- Conducts and directs new employee orientation process to ensure employee is able to quickly perform their job.
- Demands high standards in performance management, employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Executes, manages and administers company programs and training.
- Coordinates and leads Employee Involvement, Safety, and annual benefit meetings.
- Coaches managers on effective employee management, employee retention, and employee recognition and development techniques.
- Manages compliance with company, federal, state and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, safety, workers compensation and security for the DC and company owned stores.
- Manages the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
What youll need:
- A four-year Human Resources or business related degree preferred, or 5 years of equivalent Human Resources experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus
- Super savvy – Microsoft Office
- 1-2 years payroll administration experience
- Entirely customer-centric (internal/external) and able to develop and sustain effective relationships with key people both inside and outside of operation business.
- PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred.
- Entirely customer-centric (internal/external)
- Knowledge of payroll and employee relations
- And if you have this, even better:
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR)
- 3-5 years experience managing the Human Resources function for 100 500 employees preferred
- Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through various software programs and social media platforms.
- Background in Recruiting/Staffing.
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well!
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.