IT Network Support Engineer II (VoIP)
The Network Support Engineer will be primarily focused on the support of the GPC Enterprise collaboration infrastructure. This person handles complex support problems, interfaces with customers and vendors, and assists with projects related to the collaboration needs of the Company. This will include the monitoring and troubleshooting of all aspects of the network. They will engage with our vendors and network carriers to assist in incident resolution. They will also work alongside Design Engineers in identifying and troubleshooting complex issues. They will also be engaged as needed in the implementation of voice / video solutions and technologies within the organization.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems
- Helps maintain proper use of network monitoring systems
- Follow proper change management processes and escalation procedures
- Ensure customers receive prompt, accurate and courteous service
- Engage vendors and carriers as required to assist in troubleshooting or implementation of network solutions
- Assist in the development of documentation and SOP’s for the department
- Assist other team members with special projects and technology rollouts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ years of experience in the design, installation and configuration of large scale Cisco voice communications hardware and software
- Demonstrated experience in the design and configuration of large-scale voice networking infrastructures
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications product suite in a large enterprise setting including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Unified Presence, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise, Cisco Voice Gateways (PRI, CAS, FXO, FXS), Expressway, MRA, TMS/TMS-XE/Conductor/Telepresence Servers, IX/DX/SX video endpoints, WebEx/Jabber/Spark.
- Strong understanding of change control methodologies and experience following change processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proven ability to identify and deliver cost savings and avoidances while improving technology solutions
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.