IT Product Specialist, Store Systems
Responsible for managing NAPA AUTO PARTS’ TAMSII product development roadmap and its transition to the new store system RPM. This individual will serve as a key business liaison to the entire user community of over 5,700 stores in the U.S. and Canada. In this role, the Product Specialist is responsible for assuring parity between the two systems as we begin the multi year migration process. This position also entails RPM product responsibility for specific modules and functional areas of the RPM application. The Product Specialist gathers and prioritizes customer requirements, defines product vision, and works closely with vendors and internal development staff to deliver winning solutions. Works with store operations, retailers, and support to exceed customer expectations. Ensures product efforts align with the strategic vision of company.
- Serves as a liaison between the business stakeholders and technology solution providers. Solicits feedback, facilitates communication, and clarifies direction of modifications needed.
- Works with business stakeholders and customer advisory boards on product strategy, roadmap, and priorities.
- Remains an active participant throughout the solution delivery process to ensure that stakeholder needs are being met.
- Participates actively in and is a sponsor of beta and pilot programs.
- Works with customer-facing teams to monitor functionality issues and drive product quality improvements.
- Works with technical writing team to ensure product documentation is accurate and complete.
- Engages actively in the release management process to ensure critical product improvements are delivered timely.
- Serves as project sponsor with vendors and internal teams.
- Provides training and product support to customer-facing staff to increase knowledge of software products.
- Uses Jira and Clarity tools to track change requests for future product enhancements.
- Develops strong knowledge of competitor’s solutions.
- Develops strong knowledge of industry store technology solutions.
- Manages legacy system roadmap items and ensures alignment with replacement system.
- Manages the Product Backlog including generation and prioritization of the list of user stories to be completed by the development team.
- Creates acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Signs-off functionality during development demos and to be deployed in production.
- Creates a vision of the product area and communicates it to the functional team members and the development team.
- Accountable for good economic decision-making during sprint and release planning.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of IT experience in roles of increasing responsibility with the most recent 5+ years dedicated to software product management (both required).
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required (MBA preferred).
- Experience product management experience required.
- Background in software requirements and design strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain end-to-end knowledge of complex enterprise class software products and use that knowledge to field questions from diverse audiences including business executives, technical and store operations resources.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and address audiences of business executives, store owners and store operations personnel.
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’, managing dynamic customer meetings, forums and discussions.
- Travel not required every month but could reach 20% travel as needed for relationship management.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with customers, stakeholders, and peers.
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and a consummate team player.
- Work is performed in typical office environment
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.