Delivery Driver, Heavy Vehicle Parts Group
Delivery Drivers are key members of our team. The driver is responsible for preparing, loading/unloading and delivering merchandise to customers. The driver is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure timely deliveries to customers
- Maintain an accurate detailed delivery log
- Assist warehouse employees in preparing items for delivery, including packing products and sorting delivery items by route
- May assist with restocking shelves
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to earn safety certifications for specific customers
- Cleaning and maintenance functions of delivery vehicle
- Adhere to all safety rules
- Proper handling and filing of customer picking tickets, driver load sheets, bills of lading and other associated paperwork
- Provide courteous, efficient and professional service in dealing with customers
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to drive well; good driving record
- Possess a valid driver’s license with no DWI conviction in the past 3 years
- Have no more than 1 moving violation and/or at fault accident in the last 3 years
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs. and lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous driving experience preferred
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.