Provides meaningful, actionable pricing analysis that helps the company set competitive and profitable pricing for the marketplace.
- Accurately complete all assigned tasks within schedule allotted
- Operate effectively, efficiently and amenably within a team environment
- Provides regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting for management, through both PROS (pricing software) and other software programs.
- Takes initiative in identifying and resolving issues around pricing and margin.
- Presents pricing analysis and recommendations to various teams, up to and including management.
- Provides details including market comparisons, downstream impact of proposals, and review of steps needed to implement change.
- Two or four year college degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills required.
- Excellent math skills and strong attention to detail are required to be successful in this position.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, & Power Point are required.
- Access database knowledge a plus.
- Ability to independently develop new Excel models, charts and graphs, and procedures as necessary.
- Experience with PROS, or any other pricing optimization / analytics software a plus, though not required.
- Strong follow up skills, as well as the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Solid written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration with experience leading cross-functional projects, a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
- Desire to learn with the motivation to continue to grow in this fast paced environment.
- NAPA store or field experience a plus, though not required.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.