Motion Industries’ Information Technology Department is seeking a highly motivated individual with the necessary experience to fill the Quality Assurance Analyst position to test our web applications and document test cases based on requirements and/or existing functionality. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Provides high-level input as to the testing approach and methodology to be used in the testing of each application, and documents this in the form of a test plan.
- Participates in application development walkthrough and design sessions, providing input from a quality standpoint, and identifying the specific applications and functionality that require testing.
- Breaks down business and functional requirements into use scenarios and test cases.
- Performs functional, integration, and regression testing for each release according to requirements documented in TeamForge. Documents pass/fail status for each test scenario.
- As defects are discovered, generates detailed defect tickets in TeamForge that include the specific steps to reproduce the issue, screenshots, and any additional information or insights that may assist the developer in resolving the issue.
- Ensures that all in-scope requirements for a given release are effectively tested. In the event that testing is insufficient, or defects are not resolved adequately, escalates risks and concerns to the QA Manager.
- During the course of testing, ensures that the look and feel of the user interface (UI) is consistent with Motion design standards.
- Monitors Mantis tickets assigned to QA, and makes appropriate recommendations as to their resolution
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, and Develop -> Test approach
- Demonstrated ability to document test cases based on requirements and/or existing functionality
- Ability to develop test plans that define the testing effort for a given release
- Dedicated self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Experience with planning and coordinating regression testing efforts
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a QA role testing web applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Experience in developing automated test scripts a plus
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.