NAPA Auto Parts proudly supports many of our Major Account partnerships by providing top-of-the line AutoTech training. Our Autotech Trainers deliver training to AutoCare and Major Account shop employees to increase automotive diagnostic skills and decrease comebacks and parts returns increase sales of NAPA parts and equipment. If you love cars, trucks and their parts, are knowledgeable and have experience delivering training, we have an opportunity for you to join the most recognized brand in the automotive aftermarket. Share your KnowHow!
- Continually develops knowledge and skills needed to be an effective automotive/truck instructor by studying available information, attending train-the-trainer sessions, doing hands-on work, taking appropriate online or live classes, involvement in automotive, truck and / or training related groups, etc.
- Prepares extensively for classes and provides outstanding delivery, professional interaction with students, and subject matter presentations using adult learning principles.
- Develops training schedules with management and the NAPA Training Service Center. Speaks with division and national departments to determine needs, designs schedules to meet those needs, and adjusts as necessary.
- Partners with division management to implement, pilot, and facilitate NAPA Autotech training programs.
- Participates and assists in initial course/curriculum development, delivers to test group, solicits feedback on changes needed, and adjusts content and delivery accordingly.
- Ensures course content integrity while allowing for freedom to enhance the learner’s experience based on instructor’s style.
- Works closely with internal and external customers to determine training needs and plan training events to meet those needs.
- Communicates feedback regarding training events, process, and materials to Training management, course designers, and customers as needed.
- Participates in planning processes (e.g., needs assessment, course development, and delivery).
- Assists with marketing training events to maximize participation including getting to know DC/store personnel in assigned markets.Assist in marketing training offering / services, initiating engagement and follow-up with targeted audience, and provide any feedback received to NAPA Autotech management.
- Makes training presentations at marketing and owners’ conferences, Team NAPA meetings, DC sales meetings, and other NAPA events as required.
- Corresponds with management about training activities, test results, and evaluations.
- Identifies areas of improvement, suggests training courses to correct, and follows up with customer evaluations to determine success of programs.
- Maintains course integrity as designed with some freedom to enhance the learner’s experience based on learner’s needs and instructor’s style.
- Advocates proper selection and qualification of participants by reinforcing appropriateness for the audience.
- Accomplishes this by ensuring any required prerequisites and/or pre-seminar material is communicated and sent to participants.
- Ensures an effective learning environment for participants including having proper meeting room setup, automotive equipment, and ordering materials.
- Advocates NAPA, the NAPA organization, programs, parts and tools and equipment.
- Prepares and ensures administrative aspects of training are completed in a timely manner such as participant roster, evaluations, tests, class booklets, handouts, forms, expense reports, A/V equipment, etc.
- Responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a working automotive technician
- Prior automotive, truck or related training, facilitation and meeting direction experience.
- Prior experience (2+ years) successfully conducting adult learning programs.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent experience, required.
- ASE Master Technician Certification required.
- NAPA product line knowledge is a plus.
- Possesses excellent communication, facilitation and human relations skills.
- Possess high character, team orientation and fair mindedness.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and accurate and timely reporting.
- Minimum 70% travel required.
- Ability to stand and talk for 4+ hours at a time with occasional breaks.
- Heavy physical activities may be required (eg:lifting training props weighing up to 70 lbs. including cases with parts or tools, using lifting/moving tools to assist with heavier items – daily.
- Maintains and protects assigned equipment, vehicle, computers, credit cards and other assets.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.