Impact Store Crew Member – Retail
At GPC, we seek individuals who are highly motivated, productive and who strive to achieve the highest quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Because of company growth, we seek qualified candidates to work as a Retail Impact Crew Member for local or regional projects. Previous shelving experience is highly desired but not required. Those with a strong work ethic, who have proven themselves on the job site, will be considered for on-going projects. Depending on job responsibilities, various roles provide the opportunity to travel. Currently filling several projects, with the potential for future opportunities throughout the region. Your performance and reliability will determine on-going opportunities with the company.
Position Performance Measures:
- Schedule – Adheres to schedule set forth by Leadership. Projects must be delivered within the time constraint.
- Quality – Adheres to project plans and executes specific projects that meet the Retail Impact Store Standards.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all teammates, store employees and customers.
- Grows retail sales.
- Grow retail GP.
- Crew Members must be dependable, trustworthy, and flexible with hours and possible travel since projects vary.
- Responsible for providing services such as merchandising projects, planogram maintenance, overhead organization, and display/signage installation and maintenance.
- Lifting, standing, walking and climbing are often physical requirements of projects.
- Will take direction from an on-site Project Coordinator.
- Responsible to report issues that arise during the project to said Project Coordinator.
- Assists in the acceptance of all materials delivered from various vendors.
- Performs unloading, organization, assembly and install of all items related to Retail Impact Store Standards.
- Sets all merchandise to current planogram book specifications including all sales area price labels.
- Maintains general cleanliness standards, both inside and outside of the store, ensuring fixtures are clean and in good repair, floor is clean and free of clutter, windows are clean and free of unnecessary slickers or signage and parking lot is free of rubbish
- Demonstrates ability to perform the required duties of the job and other duties as assigned
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Up to one year previous retail experience with store setup, planograms, store fixtures, store changeovers or construction projects preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to all stores within territories, a valid driver’s license and auto insurance, daily access to the internet, and basic tools
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements preferred.
- Sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and projects
- Creative and able to manage time effectively
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on feel (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes up to 60 pounds
- Ability to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor level shelves and able to reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when necessary
- Work performed in a retail store environment, may include construction.
- Travels 100% of the time.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.