IT Senior Engineer, Back Office
The Senior Automation Engineer, Store Systems will analyze, design, develop, and support initiatives to build an enterprise automation framework utilizing CI/CD concepts across the entire SDLC (Dev, Test, Build, Deploy) while improving standards for Code Migration, Deployments, Configuration Management and Reporting.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Seven or more years’ experience in software engineering.
- Experience Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting
- Experience with Automation languages like Python, Groovy, or Java
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience in large scale RDBMS environments. Oracle and Exadata experience a plus
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Experience working in Agile environments and cross-functional product teams.
- Experience with software versioning and revision control system like Subversion or Git
- Experience with JIRA and integrating JIRA to other systems
- Experience with Testing Automation Tools like Protractor, Cucumber, HP UFT, HP LoadRunner, Selenium, SoapUI
- Experience with automating legacy manual test suites
- Design and implementation of automation test suites
- Ability to coach, mentor and pair with other team members on best practices for test automation
- Manages QA Automation and CI/CD frameworks as code through SDLC process and is responsible for framework releases to Production
- Support and improve tools for Continuous Integration and QA Automation testing
- Works with delivery leads in order to develop and implement CI/CD and QA Automation Framework
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide strong problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.