Human Resources Administrator
NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the BEST people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time!
- Are you looking to make a huge impact with a fast paced and dynamic HR department If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Human Resources Assistant! This is the perfect opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy being the go to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
- Enjoy everything payroll related including salary payments and adjustments
- Understand and enjoy Recruitment processes and maintaining employee data records
- Are totally customer-centric when it comes to providing effective HR support
- Manages recruiting process to include posting jobs, sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Administers hiring process to include employment selection process. Ensures completion of required pre-employment testing: MVR, drug test, background verifications, and new hire paperwork. Conducts new hire orientations.
- Supports, coaches, advises, and trains managers on HR issues, regulations and responsibilities, including investigating and resolving allegations, charges and complaints; proper administration of the corrective action process
- Manages the unemployment and worker’s compensation processes, including representing GPC at hearings.
- Administers payroll including, but not limited to, processing pay increases, bonus payments, submitting required information to get employees paid, and troubleshooting with service center to resolve issues.
- Responds to questions regarding recruiting and staffing processes, personnel information (benefits/payroll) and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Conducts presentations and facilitates training on HR-related topics.
- Assists in the communication and enrollment process of employee benefits programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for HR policies and practices, state and federal employment laws and company Human Resources Standard Operating Procedures.
- Promotes and manages local implementation of corporate driven HR programs and initiatives.
- Utilizes HR metrics to support business objectives.
- Leads specific projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 4 years + of general office / clerical experience
- 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working with applicant tracking system such as PeopleSoft, Kronos
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local legislation regarding personnel and labor laws.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to partner with managers and employees to positively impact business results.
- Ability to coach and mediate.
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to work in a matrixed and fast moving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent judgment and successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work effective in ambiguous situations, maintain a positive approach and be a strong advocate of company-driven initiatives.
- Self starter – must be able to work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- Must maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.
- Willingness to travel to different locations within the market knowledge of recruitment process.
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.