Human Resources Assistant
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an experienced and energetic Human Resources Generalist to join our team. The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for managing Human Resources support for over 500 employees as well as supporting and adminstering key HR programs company wide. Primary job responsibilities include: * Assists with recruiting process to include posting jobs, sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates for open positions. Administers hiring process to include employment selection process. Ensures completion of required pre-employment testing: MVR, drug test, background verifications, and new hire paperwork. Assist with new hire orientations.
- Coordinates Employee Engagement Surveys.
- Works with performance management programs and projects as well as any other compensation projects as assigned.
- Responds to questions regarding recruiting and staffing processes, personnel information (benefits/payroll) and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with presentations and facilitates training on HR-related topics as needed.
- Assists in the communication and enrollment process of employee benefits programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for HR policies and practices, state and federal employment laws, and company HR standard operating procedures.
- Promotes and manages local implementation of corporate driven HR programs and initiatives.
- Leads specific projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job, or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of human resources experience, preferably in a multi-unit environment.
- Retail / Distribution Center experience is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working with applicant tracking system (PeopleSoft), Kronos, Talentquest a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local legislation regarding personnel and labor laws.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to partner with managers and employees to positively impact business results.
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to work in fast moving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Strong attention to details.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent judgment and successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, maintain a positive approach and be a strong advocate of company-driven initiatives.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- Must maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.* Work performed in typical office environment.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.