Customer Care Manager
Drives positive customer experience and repeat business. Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Supervises the keeping of records within a company standard system of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolves customers’ ordering, shipping and billing complaints by performing activities to resolve the problem.
- Obtains and examines all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Recommends improvements in products, services, delivery, shipping, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
- Solicits repeat and add-on sales of new or additional services or products.
- Manages customer satisfaction through a reach out program.
- Confers with customers by telephone, email or in person to provide information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience a plus, with emphasis in related discipline (business, supply chain, accounting).
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 years + of relevant experience with customer relations, customer service and accounting / back office with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail minded.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be able to make decisions.
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Must have great communication skills.
- Must have complaint handling skills.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have clear handwriting skills.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and orally) and remembering their sequence.
- Must demonstrate professional business etiquette.
- Must know Internet Explorer/web navigation.
- Must know PC’s / Windows (PDF, XLS, DOC, TXT, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF file formats).
- Must know Outlook. * Must know Microsoft Excel (basic formulas and workbook set up).
- Must know Microsoft Word (including object insertion).
- Document management systems experience is a plus.
- Must know office equipment (copying, scanning). * Experience with incident tracking systems a plus.
- Working Conditions
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.