SUMMARY: The Business Analyst leverages technical and analytical abilities to translate complex analytics into quantifiable value for our business. Proposes, analyzes, and then shares insights gleaned from data. Develops predictive systems and algorithms for identifying trends and driving business solutions. Utilizes industry-leading standards for working with very large datasets to extract meaningful business information using statistics, machine learning, and heuristics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform simple and complex data analyses, utilizing multiple platforms and retrieval processes, related to – but not limited to – customer sales analyses, customer penetration and gap analyses, product category performance, new product performance, contribution margin
- Manage market price changes
- Work with marketing, sales, product development and senior management to drive profitable business decisions
- Understand Impact’s various contract pricing assignments, customer strata, competitive market conditions, and other factors that affect pricing, and provide ongoing analysis of those shifting conditions and their impact on Impact’s margins and sales
- Utilize advanced analytical methods and models to illustrate price performance and margin opportunity while maintaining and improving market share
- Develop repeatable price rules and strategies across multiple channels to support pricing strategy
- Develop and implement advanced pricing tools, processes, systems and logic
- May be given authority for pricing changes that result in new approaches to pricing gains and streamlines the process to improve efficiency and customer service
- Successfully influence and manage internal relationships to achieve price, margin, and other business objectives
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly analytical with the ability to solve problems in a complex business environment, as well as interpersonal skills to work with internal and external customers.
- Experience with analytic algorithms.
- Familiarity with price concepts such as elasticity, value-based pricing, bundling, promotional effectiveness.
- Ability to work with numerous cross-functional teams to implement and effect successful change management.
- Strong work ethic
- Customer focused (internal and external) – always responding in a timely manner and bringing resolution to customer needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team orientation with ability to work collaboratively and influence across the organization
- Open minded with ability to listen and learn
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. 3 to 5 years of experience in business, data, and/or pricing analytics, and a background in the Jan/San industry are desirable, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word) for significant data manipulation and presentations.
- Excel skills should include the ability to use v-lookups, pivot tables, graphing, sub-totals, nested formulas and table arrays. Mastery of big data tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, R, Python or SQL is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to identify patterns within number sequences, ranges, and relational identities within numerical data strings.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with multiple variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
- May require up to 15% travel
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.