Order Filler – Impact AM
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for processing and packing orders for shipment, auditing orders and the operation of a hand and/or industrial forklift truck. Position requires the use of RF, manual/powered hand jack and forklift equipment. This position is responsible for auditing order special instructions, item quantity ordered and item quantity picked.
Essential Functions: Must maintain an acceptable attendance record in accordance with company policy.
- Processes and packs orders to customer specifications.
- Audit product assuring the product meets all product and printing specifications.
- Prepares orders for shipment by common carriers. Load trucks manually or with the
- Additional Responsibilities Services forklift, changing batteries, maintaining water level in batteries, etc. Reports mechanical or electrical difficulties to maintenance.
- Use of an industrial fork truck.
- Check products to assure packing slips are accurate.
- Follow sales order requirements as well as special instruction information to assure customer specifications are met.
- Operates machinery to pack and shrink wrap products for shipping.
- Assists other team members with maintaining warehouses in a clean, neat and organized according to GMP standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervision.
- Provides backup for Receiving to assure forklift utilization is maximized
- Keeps carton bales, gaylords and pallets organized in the outside and inside storage areas.
- Previous warehouse knowledge and experience with an industrial forklift. Ability to pass certification.
- Ability to work in warehouse, conditions may exist from very cold to very hot.
- Previous knowledge of warehouse operations and location of materials.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds, repetitive bending and lifting from floor level to overhead.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and strong teamwork values.
- Willingness to learn other jobs.
- Must have an acceptable attendance record.
- Previous quality measurements must be at an acceptable rate.
- Ability to work comfortably in areas where seasonal temperatures may be considerably higher or cooler than other areas of the plant.
- High school diploma or GED
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.