Customer Sales Representative-Major Accounts
Establishes and increases sales penetration of an assigned group of major accounts by calling on them on a scheduled basis and promoting/selling company products and programs. Working from assigned quotas, manages territory independently while drawing on needed resources to secure commitment to purchase products from customer and follows-up to ensure excellent service levels.
- Working within established major account relationship, nurtures and develops understanding of existing and new customer’s business, helps customers to succeed in their business by introducing helpful tools and programs, creates ways to mutually benefit the customer and company by supplying high-value products and services.
- Secures from customer commitment to purchase product lines in agreed-to quantities and price by balancing needs of customer with company quotas for sales and gross profit.
- Identifies, sources, develops, and communicates with major account headquarters team all possible new major account relationships that may exists within an assigned territory.
- Working with national training group, understands agreed-to training provided by company to major account and arranges to have account employees scheduled for desired/necessary training.
- Addresses customer problems promptly and resolve them satisfactorily.
- Assists with inventory management by stocking fast-moving items, establishing stocking model including rotation of non-selling inventory, and assisting with order management.
- Acts as communication link between store and customer by promoting company store as customer’s best service solution, communicate customer perceptions, good and bad, to store management, and keeping store management appraised of competitive challenges especially those related to price, inventory and service.
- Increases business and store efficiency through focus on key accounts strategy and developing/increasing account penetration.
- Encourages and instructs major account customers on how to interface with supporting store(s) to order parts electronically and check store inventory.
- Leverages inventory management tools available through NSP/Pulse to maximize service efficiency.
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a company store or other selling experience in the automotive industry.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a sales-related role, preferably with key- or major-accounts.
- Understands and demonstrates selling skills such as preparing for the sales call, managing the customer meeting, handling customer resistance, closing the sale, and account maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service.
- Maintains presence as well-groomed and neat, complying with company policies on conduct and dress.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Capable of presenting information in group meetings.
- Able to read, write, and is capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (ten feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Local travel from assigned store location expected > 95% of time.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.