Business Development Manager
Here is a great opportunity to work with the country’s leading industrial distributor, Motion Industries. Shuster, AST Bearings, and Global Sourcing are divisions of Motion.
This position covers Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah. The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating sales in a given territory by developing OEM, distribution, and end user business. The role requires time and territory management for maximizing effectiveness with customers, strategic planning for development of key accounts and industries in the territory, and generating quotes and orders for Shuster, AST, and Global Sourcing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops target OEM list focusing on key accounts and industries
- Calls on target OEM accounts to win new profitable business for Motion Industries promoting sales of Shuster, AST and Global Sourcing products
- Assists in developing and implementing annual sales forecast and expense budgets for the territory
- Manages key customer relationships for OEM, distributor and consumer accounts
- Identifies and develops implementation plans for target products, customers, markets, and geographies with a focus on:
- Strategic advantages for Shuster participation in the market segment
- Provides input on price, delivery and product performance requirements
- Recommends sales tools and collateral to support development
- Works with Motion Industries branches to identify new business opportunities leading to growth in revenue and profit, conducting product and industry training for all levels of employee
- Schedules and makes joint sales calls with the Motion sales personnel
- Promotes sales of private labeled products through the distribution and OEM channels
- Works with Motion Industries Corporate Account Managers to provide profitable solutions at accounts where margins are low
- Provides input for the development of new products, suppliers, and technologies, working with Engineering, Global Sourcing, AST, and other departments as necessary
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to management team and Senior Management at Motion Industries
- Works with customers with the support of Engineering to determine best-fit products and solutions to customer requirements
- Assists Engineering to develop employee training on products and applications
- Assists Engineering to develop customer training on products and applications
- Coordinates with Engineering to obtain current costing and technical information on new designs, reverse engineered competitor samples and re-quotes of existing designs.
- Communicates and coordinates with Global Sourcing and Engineering customer requirements for packing, labeling and any special documentation
- Works on development of corporate image and overall brand strategy
- Works on developing channel and geographic strategies
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service Orientation – Recognizes that the customer is the reason for our existence and promotes outstanding service to all levels of customer, both internal and external
Judgment – Displays willingness and ability to make critical decisions that are appropriate and effective
Analytical –Performs basic mathematical calculations, analyzes information, draws conclusions, and makes logical decisions.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
Selling – Represents Shuster Corporation professionally, uses effective negotiation skills, demonstrates good relationship building, and exhibits the ability to extract information from sources
Interpersonal – Has ability to work within all levels of the business, from senior management on through the organization. Focuses on resolving conflict, rather than assigning blame; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas, embraces change and is open to new ideas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year degree preferred, minimum of 3 years sales management experience within the Bearing and Power Transmission business.
This position will require travel 50% of the time, working with customers to identify market needs and communicate them effectively throughout the organization, including factories that support the production of engineering class and related products.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.