IT Infrastructure Solutions Architect, Senior
The Infrastructure Solution Architect, Senior role provides Infrastructure related technology leadership across a multidisciplinary technical team. The Infrastructure Solution Architect, Senior will focus on designing and delivering high quality enterprise solutions, both as a leader of a multidisciplinary architecture team and as an individual contributor. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the overall solution design meets business requirements, conforms to industry best practices, and is cohesive across disciplines and is a cost effective solution.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Work with team of Application, Integration, Infrastructure and Network architects to implement solutions
- Create Infrastructure design documentation for enterprise scalable solutions
- Lead design and architecture discussions
- Review and approve designs across multiple disciplines from internal and vendor teams
- Work with senior management to establish technical soundness of the solutions.
- Work with solution, application and infrastructure technical leads to develop and clarify in-depth technical requirements.
- Work with management to estimate the level of effort, resource needs, and project duration.
- Evaluate tools and technologies and establishing technology standards
- Provide operation support and oversight for application Performance Monitoring toolset.
- Troubleshoot and debug solutions and recommend fixes in a timely manner.
- Design and guide the implementation of technology solutions for E-commerce and other Web Applications
- Providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
- Any of below a plus
- Software Architecture certifications (MCSE (.net), Certified Java Programmer, JBoss, Weblogic, etc)
- Infrastructure certifications (CCNA, RHDCS, etc)
- experience with standard based governance (ITSM, ITIL, ISO, PCI, SOX, SSAE 16/SAS70, HIPAA)
- Minimum of ten (10) years in information technology
- Minimum of five (5) years in architecting large enterprise class projects/products
- System architecture and Infrastructure architecture experience for large enterprise
- Experience in designing and developing and implementing enterprise software products
- Solid understanding of network systems and solutions
- Solid understanding of and experience in relational databases (Sybase, Oracle or SQL Server)
- Solid understanding of web services and other integration concepts
- Understanding of systems capability (x86/64 servers, SAN, backup)
- Understanding of datacenter and infrastructure operations
- Understanding of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, http(s), SOAP , XML over http/https
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services
- Experience in vendor management and remote development teams
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
This role will work closely with key departmental, management and project stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role. This role also requires a high degree of interaction with offsite vendor architects and developers.
- This role will likely lead software developers and/or consultant resources and carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Corporate and the IT organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include: interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning and reviewing work of technical team members, provide input on the quality and performance of team members to management.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Minimal travel required for this position.
- Minimal after hours required from time to time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.