IT Director of Enterprise Systems
The Director of Enterprise Infrastructure is primarily responsible for implementing the GPC IT Shared Services enterprise architecture, and the development and maintenance of the organizations computing/IT environment. The Director of Enterprise Infrastructure ensures that all server and data-service platforms are aligned with other Information Technology stakeholders including Security, Enterprise Systems, Applications and Client Services. This position directs the managers of enterprise hosting, virtualization, database and storage services. Additional responsibilities include strategic planning, budget management and optimization, vendor management, resource management, process participation and ownership to support the functional infrastructure. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with the business and technical teams and determines course of action for new platform initiatives. Supports the implementation of new application solutions as required by the business, either on-prem or in the cloud.
- Plan, direct and design the company’s IT infrastructure while simultaneously managing the IT teams responsible for maintaining and securing that infrastructure
- Collaborate with colleagues and department heads in order to develop strategies which will help the IT department better align itself with the company’s overall financial and corporate strategy
- Work collaboratively with Cyber Security team to ensure the protection and securing of company assets and data
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible
- Serves as ultimate escalation point for platform support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems
- Apply broad industry and enterprise knowledge to identify solutions and maintain the customers technology experience
- Review business process and/or technical designs to validate appropriate use of technology, and ensure our systems enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow
- Drive system consolidation where possible and keep IT footprint manageable and cost-effective through contract negotiation and vendor management
- Compiles, submits and maintains IT infrastructure budget and implements efficient chargeback process for equitable distribution among business units
- Maintain a broad understanding of the organizational business strategies and processes
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of all enterprise systems and platforms
- Ensure successful completion of all enterprise projects by managing teams, scope, approach, work plan, internal and 3rd party resources and technology vendors
- Continually review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing platforms and systems, and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Review hardware and software acquisition contracts, professional service contracts, lease and application maintenance renewals to ensure appropriate protections are included and costs optimized
- Continually manage organization design for effective service delivery. Identify and implement best sourcing methods for a specific need or service, including legacy/cloud delivery models
- Guide the development of staff members, including setting objectives, coaching, delivering performance reviews, and advising management on compensation
- Establish, contribute to and/or adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, software lifecycle management, change management and application security/ controls
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services by monitoring system performance, directing production application support and adhering to service level agreements with end users
- Ensure corporate standards and security policies are adhered to
- Provide training and development of staff as required
- Manage customer satisfaction through effective communications and appropriate setting of expectations
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, computer related discipline and 10+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment
- Extensive experience in managing teams providing service delivery across the spectrum of system, server, database and application administration
- Expert knowledge of delivering, managing, and governing enterprise server systems.
- Ability to identify and leverage cloud technology offerings where appropriate (Azure, Oracle Cloud)
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; storage area networks; database and application infrastructure and standards; virtualization technologies (VMWare, HyperV) and physical hardware platforms (Cisco UCS, IBM P-series and Dell).
- Comprehensive understanding of networking fundamentals, core IT services (DNS, DHCP, AD, Exchange) and network technologies (LAN, WAN, Firewall, VPN);
- Develops, documents, and enforces the platform and system standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity and security of all company assets
- Experience in managing vendor relationships and contract negotiation
- Ability to identify and leverage cloud technology offerings where appropriate
- Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including deep troubleshooting technical skills.
- Must understand how to identify and instill industry best practices.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Desired experience working in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment with a career track record of leading, managing, engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience.
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across a global company.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rdparties, and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Proven experience in managing the design, development, and implementation of scalable software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.