Order Filler/Utility (PM)
This position is responsible for processing full case and split case orders in the pick modules and assembling LTL, TL or small package orders in shipping for shipment. Orders are processed by applying preprinted labels and using RF scanning equipment. This position is responsible for auditing order special instructions, item quantity ordered and item quantity picked. Product is manually moved to conveyor, tote or pallet. Pallets are moved using a hand jack and Foklift Dock Stocker.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record in accordance with company policy.
- Processes, packs and palletizes orders to customer specifications.
- Audit product assuring that the product meets all product and printing specifications.
- Prepare order for shipment by common carriers. May load pallets onto trucks manually.
- Check products to assure packing slips are accurate.
- Follow order requirements as well as special instruction information to assure proper shipment.
- Assembles boxes in preparation for filling with merchandise
- Prepares product for shipment by utilizing proper packaging techniques and void-fill.
- Operates machinery to bundle product for shipping.
- Acquires products from warehouse as required by inventory management system observing all warehouse safety rules.
- Assists Receiving Dock by unitizing incoming material for put away and storage.
- Assists other team members with maintaining warehouses in a clean, neat and organized according to GMP standards
- Previous knowledge of warehouse operations and location of materials.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds, repetitive bending and lifting cartons from/to conveyors, flow racks and storage locations from floor and overhead levels.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with little supervision.
- Positive attitude and strong teamwork values.
- Willingness to learn other jobs.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work comfortably at all levels within the pick modules.
- Ability to work comfortably in areas where seasonal temperatures may be considerably higher or cooler than other areas of the plant.
- Must have an acceptable attendance record.
- Previous quality measurements must be at an acceptable rate.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.