The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of machinery, assuring preventive maintenance schedule is upheld and machinery is in top working order. Technician B makes suggestions along with Technician A and the manager of maintenance to improve the machinery and facility. Technician B is responsible for training less experienced Technicians.
- Must maintain acceptable attendance in accordance with company policy.
- Must possess the ability to make sound decisions using discretion and independent judgement.
- Sets up, adjusts, tests, and maintains, assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment.
- Analyzes mechanical problems on assigned equipment and plans for necessary corrections to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Performs preventive maintenance check and the inspection of assigned equipment to report findings to the supervisor and take appropriate action.
- Analyzes and corrects electrical problems, repairs and overhauls electrical equipment and controls.
- Performs work requiring knowledge of electrical theory, materials, codes, and principles of operation.
- Receives wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and instructions to make operating adjustments as required.
- Maintains, dismantles, and installs machinery and mechanical service equipment, including ventilating and heating systems, and building repairs.
- Performs commercial functions such as carpentry, painter, welder etc.
- Provides maintenance, electrical, and hydraulic, pneumatic engineering support.
- Presents a commitment to high standards and the ability to inspire those qualities in others to the same high levels and communicate effectively.
- Use full range of tools to perform repairs, rebuilding, or overhauls of equipment.
- Provides expertise and training for Technician C.
- May sweep facility floors manually or with mechanical floor scrubber.
- Ensures the proper use of company vehicles and machinery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two year Technical Degree
- PLC, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical experience required
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend and lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to climb overhead structures, work beneath machines and in close quarters.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to self and others.
- Valid state motor vehicle license to operate company van.
- Knowledge of computer and the operation of Warehouse Management and Atlas operation.
- Willingness and Ability to work overtime.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.