Business Analyst (IS Dept)
Responsible for the development, testing and documentation of business functional requirements for various departments and groups within the company, assist in the implementation of various technology solutions, assist in projecting and tracking benefits of these solutions and function as a liaison between IS and various departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain continuous contact with internal and/or external customers to remain current on their operating environment and business needs
- Assist in the on-going gathering of requirements for each customer group
- Assist in the development of business functional requirements for each customer group
- Work with the corporate IT staff to best understand what role IT can serve in addressing these functional requirements
- Assist the customers in quantifying the value of addressing the functional requirements, where IT is a primary component of the solution.
- Assist in determining the best approach for tracking financial benefits associated with IT projects
- Assist the corporate IS staff in selecting the right technology to match the functional requirements
- Serve the role of liaison between the customer group and the corporate IT staff to facilitate an effective working partnership during the project
- Assist in any business process reengineering efforts associated with the implementation of the project
- Assist in the Testing/Quality Analysis of IT Projects and applications
- Assist in the on-going Support of applications
- Perform selective project management functions on IT projects, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A 4-year degree in a technical field or related studies or a minimum of 8 years functional business knowledge
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in analyzing business processes and implementing technical solutions
- Knowledge of and aptitude for computers and computer systems
- Exposure/experience to SDLC in a technology project environment
- Experience with wholesale distribution or logistics industries is a plus.
SKILLS Technical Core
- Experience with creating, maintaining and presenting documentation for test plans, requirements, scope and other SDLC project-related documents
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications required
- Experience with relational database development process
- Experience with multiple database products
- Experience with creating and executing SQL queries
- Experience with creating functional and technical flow diagrams and chart
- Must be able to work well in a team setting
- Ability to communicate at ALL levels of an organization
- Ability to document business processes and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business writings
- Ability to perform basic math
- Must be detail oriented and exceptional in organization techniques
- Must be self-motivated, with ability to set and achieve goals, and set priorities of multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Must be able to coordinate activities of other employees
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make sound business process decisions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Professional certifications are a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of the applications in use is a plus but not a requirement beyond what is listed in the SKILLS section. Individual will be required to update application skill set as application(s) are upgraded or enhanced.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to walk reach with hands and arms stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.