IT PeopleSoft Systems Administrator III
The PeopleSoft Systems Administrator III provides for application maintenance, troubleshooting and on-call support for all Shared Services PeopleSoft systems. This position is also responsible for PeopleSoft architecture and design; installation, upgrades and patching; monitoring system performance at all tiers of the architecture; providing and implementing tuning recommendations; working with internal and external customers in support of the environment.
- Works closely with the business, so strong communication and presentation skills are very important. You must have a consultative personality and good corporate etiquette
- Establishes PeopleSoft system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements
- Designs system infrastructure in accordance with industry best practices
- Establishes PeopleSoft system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems
- Defines system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains PeopleSoft system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems.
- Secures PeopleSoft system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Install, upgrades and patches system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provides night and weekend support along with 24×7 on-call as required
- Must be a team player
- 5+ years AIX 6.1+ and Windows 2008+ Server experience
- 5+ years PeopleSoft Financials 9.1+; HRMS 9.2 and CRM 9.0 experience
- 5+ years PeopleTools 8.53+ experience
- Comprehensive understanding of all PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) components
- Proven and documented experience with PeopleSoft development tools including PeopleCode, Application Designer, Application Engine, Application Package, SQR, Crystal Reports, DataMover, Application Messaging and Component Interface.
- 3+ years Oracle RDBMS 11g+ experience
- 2+ years SQL experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.