Associate Merchandise Manager
Primary focus will be assisting in the development and execution of proprietary brand product expansion opportunities with global and domestic suppliers. Ensures specifications, data and marketing materials are available as scheduled and accurate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the Merchandising department’s interest during development, production and distribution of collateral materials to support proprietary brand positioning and product features and benefits.
- Additional duties may include: scheduling communications, vendor product planning sessions, assisting in the proofing process, monitoring/tracking schedules to meet deadlines.
- Goal is to continue to streamline and systematize reporting and work flow processes.
- For assigned categories, complete market assessments and competitive analysis to ensure proprietary brand assortment is positioned competitively to target markets.
- For assigned areas, assist with new product development.
- Analyze sales and inventory turns data to make product life cycle recommendations.
- Review, obtain and ensure new products meet certification and product safety compliance.
- Complete new vendor set-up for Finance/Tradestone/MID partners.
- Develop a strong interface and rapport with the overseas Sourcing Office to resolve product questions, enforce vendor performance KPI’s, contract compliance and warranty parts procurement.
- Spreadsheet and Analytical projects for first and landed cost control analysis
- Manage 3rd party agency process for proprietary brand packaging development.
- Initiate packaging development for all PB products through compiling materials from key stakeholders.
- Control lead time, quality and cost performance of 3rd party agency deliverables.
- Ownership for translating, rewording and approving assembly instructions.
- Make available in a timely manner to support new product launch.
- Ensures packaging adheres to Prop 65 and FDA regulations by thorough category research and application.
- Periodic travel to customers, tradeshows, manufacturers.
- Overseas travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years related experience in retail purchasing experience, or, 2-5 years related experience in product development with a manufacturer.
- Office supplies product and manufacturer knowledge would be preferable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Understanding of basic algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to calculate mark up and gross profit margins.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Expert Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, E-mail
- This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Multi-cultural awareness and respect.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- Willing to accommodate off hours/overseas meetings.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to moving machinery, loud noises and fumes during factory visits that may cause discomfort or moderate risk of accident or injury.