Warehouse Associate – Order Puller (FT)
Balkamp, a leading distributor of automotive aftermarket products in the NAPA Auto Parts system, is seeking a full-time Order Puller. The primary function of this position is to expedite the incoming and outgoing freight including: stocking, pulling and staging.
Responsibilities of this position include: pulling stock orders, putting away merchandise, general housekeeping within the facility, following and adhering to all safety rules, and any other duties assigned by management.
- Performing daily inspections of appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck, radio frequency scanners and printers
- Operating warehouse equipment in accordance with established safety procedures as needed to maintain the warehouse stock and a safe work environment
- Verifying and completing required documentation and reports
- Complying with hazardous material regulations and procedures
- Assisting in maintaining a clean, organized warehouse environment at all times
- Complying with all applicable laws / regulations, as well as company policies / procedures
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with good organizational skills. They will be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers accurately and rapidly. Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors and customers) as well as good general math skills are a requirement. Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and will be able to:
- Lift / carry by hand, freight weighing up to 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Push/pull products of excessive weight using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, puller carts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Work on your feet (standing and walking) for your assigned shift as part of the normal daily routine.
- Bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at a quick speed of pace.
- Knowledge and competency in the utilization of warehouse related computer and bar coding equipment.
- Follow instructions and complete required training.
- Work both independently and in a team environment.
- Meet or exceed applicable production standards and expectations.