Warehouse Associate / Order Filler (FT)
Warehouse Associates/Order Fillers – Full Time Positions
S.P. Richards, a national wholesale business products distributor, is currently seeking full time candidates to fill the position of Order Filler in our (Indianapolis, IN) distribution center. The position requires you to pull items efficiently and accurately according to the customer’s order with prescribed picking quota’s using voice picking and RF scanning equipment. The position is an afternoon/night position. We will train the right, customer focused individual. The Full Time positions have competitive benefits packages.
We offer a pay rate of $13.25 plus $0.35 shift differential with progressive wage increases
Full-time positions have a competitive benefits package.
The standard work hours will be 12:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. or until job is finished.
Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing product numbers and line codes to insure proper retrieval of products for shipment, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Delivers Results
- Job Knowledge
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write legibly. The ability to successfully communicate with the voice picking system. Adapt to understanding the voice system’s commands, as well as adapting your speech so that the voice system can understand your input
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the environment is loud
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance
- Occasional use of a forklift — certification is also required
- The employee is frequently required to lift up to 60 pounds. Must be able to move heavy product in excess of 1,000 pounds with moving aids designed to move such items including hand trucks, dollies, motorized cart, pallet jacks, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Operational Access to PkMS – Menu DCAMENU50
- Operational Access to vPack Voice Picking System
S.P. Richards Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC), distributes a wide spectrum of business products to office product resellers throughout the U.S. and Canada. These products include consumable office supplies, office furniture, computer supplies, consumer electronics, and janitorial and breakroom supplies from all of the major industry manufacturers. The company operates 37 Distribution Centers in the United States, including 35 full line distribution centers, three furniture only distribution centers, and Horizon USA, our computer supplies and technology business. S.P. Richards also owns S.P. Richards Canada, a Canadian based business products wholesaler, headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. SPR employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits program as part of Genuine Parts Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.