Business Development Manager
Motion Industries’ employees provide the highest levels of customer service. Our Business Development Managers are experienced in selling to Federal, State and Local government markets. They professionally represent the Company with the knowledge and skills to identify and provide customer needs.
- Ensure customer relationships are positive and deep within all accounts
- Create materials for and conduct sales presentations to customers
- Prospect for new customers
- Ensure customer service requirements are met
- May be required to be on-call nights or weekends, depending on need
- Generate new business with new or existing customers
- Ensure technical requirements for the customer are met
- Assist with on-site troubleshooting of customers’ concerns
- Routinely interacts face-to-face with customers to foster strong relationships and maintain satisfaction; may handle customer returns
- Maintain appropriate relationship with key suppliers.
- Experience selling to the Federal, State and Local government market
- Proven sales track record with government customers with knowledge of government requirements and protocol
- Extensive knowledge of sales territory with established government contacts and customers
- Firm understanding of Federal and State government contracting vehicles and procurement protocol
- Solid communication skills with aptitude for training and mentoring other sales associates and willingness to participate in joint sales calls
- Provide examples of sales capture for sole source or IDIQ contracts with existing Federal/State agencies, Department of Defense, Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA), Defense Contractors
- Have current military pass/access or be able to meet security requirements for a base pass or entry into a Federal or State agency facility
- Develop and present company capability presentations and/or associate training collateral.
As an industry leader, Motion focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make Motion Industries one of the most valued industrial distributors around.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.