RMDS- Human Resources Manager
The HR Manager aligns the business objectives with employees and management, serves as a consultant to management on HR related issues, and acts as an employee champion. The HR Manager will achieve these goals through providing ongoing training to employees and managers, advising managers and supervisors in HR related issues, providing information to employees regarding policies and practices, and facilitating actions to address and resolve employee issues.
The HR manager will administer and support a wide variety of HR functions such as employee Safety/Quality Assurance, risk management, employee development, recruiting/onboarding processes, employee HRIS data management, performance appraisal process, maintaining employee files, leave management notifications, employee relations activities, and community involvement projects.
This position is directly responsible for approximately 90 non-union employees based in Atlanta and Memphis.
- In conjunction with other HR team members within the GPC family of companies, take a key and at times leadership role in the development and implementation of HR strategies, policies, and projects.
- Identify, design, and implement HR strategies and solutions to achieve agreed outcomes relating to organization design, change, recruiting, performance management, workforce and strategic planning, etc.
- Take ownership of the HR results and outcomes. Drive improvement in key metrics such as turnover, time to fill open positions, performance scores.
- Provide competent advice to managers and staff in interpreting and implementing HR, Safety/Quality Assurance, and compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and coaching to managers and senior managers to establish a positive work environment that increases employee engagement and work satisfaction including employee retention, recognition, and development techniques.
- Manage compliance with company, federal, state and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, Safety/Quality Assurance, worker’s compensation, commercial vehicles, and security.
- Electronic and hard copy recordkeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of HR management experience. Multi-site preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business management, or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Current HR certification such as PHR or SPHR.
- In depth knowledge of employment laws, OSHA safe work practices, and DOT driver/drug/recordkeeping requirements.
- Trucking industry knowledge preferred
- Strong employee relations skills.
- Ability to be a trusted business partner who assists managers in anticipating, identifying, and resolving issues with sustainable solutions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and regulations as well as plan, organize, and prioritize projects to achieve desired results.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and possess solid recordkeeping skills.
- To perform the job successfully, the individual should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Solid Excel skills in database management and recordkeeping are a must. PeopleSoft and Kronos experience are a plus.
- Some overnight travel is required.