The Salt Lake City, UT Warehouse Supervisor directs and coordinates the warehouse activities of the distribution center by performing the following duties.
Internal candidates must be out of their introductory period and have no written warnings in the past 12 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assigns workers to accurately receive and stock all inbound freight.
- Assigns workers to accurately pull all customers orders and ship in specified timeframe.
- Administers company safety programs to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all employees.
- Communicates with inbound and outbound freight companies.
- Manages the fleet of trucks and drivers.
- Establishes operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and the accurate keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinates activities of the warehouse with activities of central purchasing, merchandising, sales, and finance departments to ensure availability of merchandise and proper execution of administrative transactions.
- Communicates information to General Manager, Operation Manager, or Headquarters in a timely manner to expedite merchandise receipt, shipping, and special handlings.
- Directs reclamation of damaged merchandise.
- Understands and operates PKMS warehouse management system.
- Monitor the daily checklist to ensure all processes are completed before the end of the shift
- Print and interpret reports to measure employee productivity
Manages personnel and all supervisors associated with shifts. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Also responsible for asset control and the physical security of the facility.
Hours are from 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. or until work is finished. 40 hours per week
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Delivers Results
- People Development
- Work Environment/Safety
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of basic office (spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail) as well as inventory and warehouse management software.
- Knowledge of AS400 and PKMS is essential.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot and/or humid conditions; the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Operational Access to PkMS – Menu DCAMENU90/00
- Operational Access to OMS Menus OE, IC, WH
S.P. Richards Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC), distributes a wide spectrum of business products to office product resellers throughout the U.S. and Canada. These products include consumable office supplies, office furniture, computer supplies, consumer electronics, and janitorial and breakroom supplies from all of the major industry manufacturers. The company operates 37 Distribution Centers in the United States, including 35 full line distribution centers, three furniture only distribution centers, and Horizon USA, our computer supplies and technology business. S.P. Richards also owns S.P. Richards Canada, a Canadian based business products wholesaler, headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. SPR employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits program as part of Genuine Parts Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.