We currently have an opening for a Midwest Regional Dispatcher in Indianapolis, IN. The dispatcher will direct daily activities of our company drivers as well as some contract carriers while maintaining the integrity of the company and our customers. Identify and address training and coaching needs of the drivers and report these needs to appropriate management. The schedule will be Monday-Friday, first shift. Possible weekend work when needed on occasion. Dispatchers may be required to receive or make phone calls after or before hours to deal with issues that may arise.
- High degree of energy; self-starter.
- Able to make timely decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with technology -Microsoft Office; Excel; Word – Knowledge of McLeod TMS Software a plus.
- Good communications skills (written and verbal).
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Able to prioritize work based on customer and operational needs.
- Can work effectively alone, or as part of a larger team.
- Critical thinking skills – always looks for ways to improve processes and performance.
- Positive, outgoing personality.
- Ability to lead 30-35 drivers, both regional and short haul drivers.
- Dispatch drivers.
- Monitor loads for on-time delivery.
- Ensure safe operation of the company fleet.
- Ensure driver safety data is kept up to date per DOT standards (Physicals, Drug Screens, Logs)
- Maintain visibility of the power and trailing equipment, ensuring normally scheduled maintenance and repair work is completed.
- Ability to build a good rapport and maintain strong communications with our customers.
- Monitor and track on time delivery to customer locations.
- Understand driver hours of service for planning purposes, to ensure safe and legal load assignments to drivers.
- Able to plan freight on multiple drivers to ensure safe and efficient movement of customer loads.
- Efficiently plan loads on drivers to maximize driver hours of service.
- At least two years of experience as a line haul or long haul dispatcher in the transportation industry. LTL dispatch experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of dispatch practices and procedures and FMCSA regulations.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations to include Hazmat regulations and driver’s hours of service.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree Preferred