Business Analyst (Systems Support)
The Business Analyst will be responsible for support of PeopleSoft Financials, CoStar, TM1, Blackline and other shared Financial Applications. They will be responsible for troubleshooting functional and technical issues, ChartField maintenance, systems security administration, interface file management, distribution of reports, ad hoc report development, and batch processing support. The Business Analyst will report to the Financial Systems Lead within the Financial Shared Services team.
- Works with corporate and subsidiary accounting staff to troubleshoot complex functional and technical issues such as: Interface Files, Allocations, Combo Edits, Multicurrency Processing, Intercompany Accounting, Consolidations, Query and nVision, Budgets and Forecasts.
- Monitors daily interfaces to ensure files post successfully. Troubleshoots and corrects errors as appropriate.
- Participate in month-end system processes.
- Collaborate with accounting personnel to maintain ChartField and configuration to provide accurate financial data.
- Responsible for supporting report development and processing, and ensuring timely delivery of reports to accounting staff.
- Assists with implementation of operational process improvements and ensures process documentation remains current.
- Partner with management on daily batch processing.
- Ensures system access is properly controlled.
- Creates ad hoc queries as needed.
- Assists with development, documentation and testing of functional requirements for configuration changes and customizations.
- Assists with implementations, upgrades and other projects as needed.
- Frequently reports to different levels of management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- PeopleSoft support experience preferred.
- Must have technical and functional knowledge of GL; AM, CM, AP, AR, ePro modules a plus.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong interest in learning business processes and in developing leadership abilities.
- Must possess strong analytical, customer service, and communication skills.
- Able to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and possess an ownership mentality over processes and projects.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers’ needs. GPC’s commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers’ success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way – continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.