Software Development Trainee
The Software Development Trainee position allows the trainee to prepare for a role as a Software Developer. The training period is no more than 15 months. During this period, the trainee shadows Software Developers and Analysts to gain experience in system design. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Develop system design documentation for new web-based system based on current system capabilities and new requirements
- Design documentation to include database design, business assumptions and processing rules
- Work with software development managers to finalize design for handoff to development teams.
- Good knowledge of relational database design
- Knowledge or training in system development methodologies
- Experience or training in web-based programming languages
- Achievement oriented and self motivated
- Effective communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Able to follow through on tasks
As an industry leader, Motion focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make Motion Industries one of the most valued industrial distributors around.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.