The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that products, processes, analysis and Quality Systems (ISO9001 or IATF16949) documentation are being done correctly and according to various quality controlled standards of the company and its customers. The Quality Engineer is responsible for conducting the product inspections during the manufacturing processes and finished goods in order to ensure that products comply with quality standards.
- Lead/assist in root cause identification in CPAR activities and verification
- Work with the sales and marketing staff. Responsible for driving and participating in APQP activities to ensure customer needs are met.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in compliance with lean, ethical and regulatory requirements, including applicable ISO or IATF standards.
- Prepare FAI, PPAP and IMDS for customer approvals.
- Provide direction for manufacturing personnel that have questions relating to any product, material or processes
- Complete all MSA activities as needed for measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers and other special measurement instruments annually.
- Inspect manufacturing parts against requirements of blueprints
- Coordinate all SPC data collection and analysis. Record and analyze testing results to determine whether to certify or reject specific products
- Conduct internal audits and any product or process inspection per ISO 9001 or IATF16949, industry standards and/or applicable customer specifications.
- Responsible for quality control of manufacturing parts throughout the production cycle to ensure strict compliance with the drawings before shipping.
- Measure dimensions and tolerances using digital caliper, micrometers and other special measurement instruments and equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Certificate in related field and/or equivalent combination of formal education/training experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- MS Office – excel, word, power point and access
- SAP knowledge
- Familiarity with manufacturing Process Flow, Corrective Action Process and Problem Solving Methodologies (5-why, 8D, Ishikawa, FTA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to make prompts and informed decisions, based on facts and results
EIS, Inc., (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) is a North American Distribution leader in process materials, production supplies and industrial motor repair products to the major markets it serves. We proudly support our customers in Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM), Electrical Apparatus (Motor) Repair, Electronic Assembly markets, and much more.
We offer a comprehensive network to our customers with nearly 40 strategically placed stocking locations, totaling more than 680,000 square feet of warehouse space across North America, including Canada and Mexico. We also operate in Carolina, Puerto Rico with plans to expand into other Caribbean countries. Our international staff is fluent in the languages of growing economies outside of North America.
As a market leader, EIS focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make EIS, Inc., one of the most valued businesses within the Genuine Parts family.
EIS is constantly growing and always looking for diverse, talented individuals seeking a career challenge.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.