Sr. Windows Server Admin
As a member of the Windows Administration team, this person would be responsible for working with other Windows Server Administrators in maintaining and administrating the Windows server infrastructure. In addition, this person would be responsible for documentation, configuration, support, and customer relations.
- Deploy and maintain Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers and applications in an enterprise data center environment.
- Audit Windows Server Environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows server management tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of virtual environments (VMware and Hyper-V).
- Administer Windows Software Update Services (WSUS – OS Update Delivery Solution).
- Experience with enterprise class server hardware.
- Support of backup software (MS DPM).
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Monitor in-house call ticket system (HEAT) for service requests, resolving issues.
- After-hours support on a rotating schedule.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and/or two years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PC Build Knowledge
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory / Group Policy
- Microsoft AX
- HP Proliant Servers
- OpenText Right Fax
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Anti-virus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
MCSE helpful, not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
S.P. Richards Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC), distributes a wide spectrum of business products to office product resellers throughout the U.S. and Canada. These products include consumable office supplies, office furniture, computer supplies, consumer electronics, and janitorial and breakroom supplies from all of the major industry manufacturers. The company operates 37 Distribution Centers in the United States, including 35 full line distribution centers, three furniture only distribution centers, and Horizon USA, our computer supplies and technology business. S.P. Richards also owns S.P. Richards Canada, a Canadian based business products wholesaler, headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. SPR employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits program as part of Genuine Parts Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.