IT Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
The IT Senior Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the priorities, standards and performance expectations of testing resources to deliver high quality software solutions which meet the business needs and risk appetite.
Position Performance Measures:
- Consistent deployment and usage of testing standards and best practices
- Engaged staff development, career paths, and morale
- Effective management reporting of metrics, risks, and issues
- Positive internal and external customer relationships
- Strategic thinking and process improvement
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Establishes priorities, standards, and performance expectations with staff to ensure timeliness and consistencies are met.
- Ensures timeliness, consistency, quality, and effectiveness of these practices related to customer and/or business needs.
- Builds and maintains knowledge base of quality standards and best practices for GPC.
- Reviews project delivery plans with Senior Leadership, project leadership and delivery team to ensure that solution is deliverable as planned.
- Coaches Team Leads on how to effectively drive work, use metrics, coach their own teams, and escalate issues.
- Manages financial and physical resources including input to an annual operating budget.
- Builds sustainable internal and external customer relationships and working partnerships to enable enhanced productivity, user/customer satisfaction, and sustainability and growth of the Quality Assurance (QA) function.
- Manages delivery services provided by third parties, monitoring their selection, negotiation of terms, establishing outcomes, implementation of services, and resolution of any concerns/issues that arise.
- Participates in and contribute to team activities and create a positive work atmosphere and maintain team morale.
- Communicates and supports corporate and IT goals and standards; proactively and productively coordinate team impact.
- Manages career development of assigned resources.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in computer science, engineering, business, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in test, design, build and/or support of solution delivery.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a test lead.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt or higher (preferred).
- QA certification (CSQA), Testing Engineer certification (CSTE), ITIL or CMMI certification or equivalent preferred (must be willing to obtain certification if not already certified).
- Knowledge of management principles and theories to provide effective leadership, coaching, mentoring, motivating, career development, performance evaluation, workload delegation and supervision of staff.
- Excellent estimation, planning and resource allocation skills.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising staff, particularly for globalized testing teams.
- Knowledge and experience in QA methodology, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and test automation.
- Experience in establishing and promoting QA processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of RUP, ITIL, ISO, CMMI and CobIT and methodologies.
- Experience in a large organization on enterprise projects.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize across competing initiatives.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.