Delivery Driver (Part Time) Chantilly, VA
Our part time drivers make local deliveries of auto parts to our wholesale customers, typically to automotive repair shops. A standard delivery run may include 3 or 4 stops and can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on the number of stops and delivery locations. You can expect to take many runs every day.
- Check invoices against the products being delivered.
- Maintain an accurate detailed delivery log.
- Clean and maintain functions of the delivery vehicle.
- Adhere to all safety rules, including the handling of hazardous materials.
- Handle cash charge transactions correctly and core/part returns appropriately.
- Provide courteous, efficient, and professional service in dealing with customers.
- Neatness is a must.
- Clear speaking and attentive listening skills.
- Have had your driver’s license for at least one year.
- No DWI convictions with the past 4 years.
- No more than one moving violation AND/OR fault accident in the last three years.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds of merchandise.
- Pre-Employment drug screen and background check.
- Experience driving in your store’s market (preferred but not required).
- Flexibility in schedule (max 25 hours a week).
- Part time drivers are paid $10 per hour to start.
- Opportunity for additional pay increases by obtaining proficiency in additional job responsibilities such driver trainer, dispatching, interstore driver, warehouse and accounting backup.
Olympus Imported Auto Parts has been a leader in the industry for the last 39 years. We are a family run company that is dedicated to "Delivering Legendary Service" to our customers. We are heavily involved in the development of all our employees and believe strongly in cross-training. Working with Olympus provides you with an excellent opportunity to grow your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.