Assistant Stockroom Manager – DC – MINNEAPOLIS
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an energetic and experienced Assistant Stockroom Manager to join our growing team.
- Works with other DC management to handle shipping errors.
- Monitors productivity of stockers, pullers, and truck loaders.
- Ensures freight is loaded on the night trucks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensures all orders are pulled, packed and ready for loading to proper towns at the end of each day.
- Provides direct support to stockroom manager by providing positive leadership and supervision of stockroom employees. Responsible for motivating employees and maintaining morale at all times to ensure high performance levels.
- Trains and develops employees to ensure the stockroom functions at the highest level of efficiency, filling in any area as needed.
- Protects company assets making sure all equipment is used and maintained properly, building checked and secured nightly and monitoring employees so no merchandise leaves without proper receipts.
- Works with employee’s availability, possesses the drive to pitch in and exhibit to others a willingness to get the job done.
- Resolves Customer requests following up on them to give them the best service available.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations and making sure we have a safe environment for our employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Post HS education preferred.
- Experience working with MRP systems, work order, and/or warehouse management systems.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a distribution center environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people, know our product lines and number series for quick identification.
- Must be computer literate, knowing the AS 400, RADS and some PC experience.
- Honest, dependable, not afraid of physical or mental labor.
- Must possess ambition, have a strong desire to lead and not be afraid of challenge or opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (written, and verbal).
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.