Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for material handling assignments. Material handling could include manual lifting or the use of a hand and/or industrial forklift truck. This position assures accuracy in packing slips and shipping orders, replenishes stock, and delivers product to other departments. The loading and unloading of trucks via hand or forklift.
Hourly Rate begins at $12.80 Normal hours 7:00am – 3:30pm M-F. Must be able to work mandatory overtime periodically.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record in accordance with company policy.
- Unload products from various carrier trucks with the use of a hand
- Services trucks, changing batteries, changing oil and water etc. Reports mechanical or electrical difficulties to maintenance and coach truck, industrial forklift, or manually.
- Check products to assure packing slips and purchase orders are accurate.
- Moves product to appropriate overflow or pick warehouse locations per the stock transfer report/recommended move report.
- Delivers product to shipping or production departments when required.
- Keeps accurate track of product moved and placed in warehouse.
- Assists other team members with keeping overflow warehouses clean, neat and organized. Sweeps aisles, disposes of trash and other debris properly.
- Keeps carton bales, gaylords and skids organized in the outside and inside storage bins.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities preferred:
- Previous knowledge and experience with an industrial forklift. Stand up lifts a plus.
- Ability to work in warehouse, conditions may exist from very cold to very hot.
- Previous knowledge of warehouse operations and location of materials.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds, repetitive bending and lifting from floor level overhead.
- Ability to work quickly with little supervision.
- Positive attitude and strong teamwork values.
- Willingness to learn other jobs.
Impact Products, a wholly owned subsidiary of S.P. Richards Company, is a leading value-added provider of facility, janitorial and safety supplies serving North America. Products include microfiber products, cleaning & dusting products, receptacles, dispensing equipment, safety equipment and many others. Its broad customer base is served from the distribution center in Ohio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.