Driver – Over the Road – Part Time (NAPA / RMDS)
The primary function of the Over the Road Driver is to operate various tractor-trailer combinations for extended periods of time, over long distances between company/customer facilities, terminals, yards or work sites in order to pick up, transport and deliver freight in a safe, timely and efficient manner. As part of this function, Over the Road Drivers drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading or unloading at various locations under varied conditions. Over the Road Drivers are subject to the Hours of Service Regulations of the United States Department of Transportation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the secure and safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- Understands and carries out instructions given orally and in writing, including those on manifests, bills of lading and other shipping documents to determine the location and time of delivery
- Safely operate tractor trailer equipment in different configurations as assigned, with varying weights as allowed by law, under all types of climatic conditions, terrain, road conditions and traffic situations, in urban and rural settings, for extended periods of time, over long distances, either direct or by way of other intermediate points, in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as company policy
- Frequently communicates with Dispatch/Operations, in person or by way of QualComm, or telephone, in order to advise of movements, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, etc.
- 2 years CDL experience
- 2 Years Clean MVR
- Haz-Mat Certification
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Travel 100%
About R.M.D.S.: R.M.D.S. provides domestic trucking services for all GPC Subsidiaries and many supply partners. In addition, the division provides services and support nationwide, including Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, with international freight management for all GPC Subsidiaries. Headquartered in Atlanta, it operates out of seven (7) cross dock facilities (Atlanta, GA; Indianapolis, IN; Hancock, MD; Memphis, TN; Ontario, CA, Kent, WA and Salt Lake City, UT). It operates a fleet of roughly 125 Tractors and over 600 Trailers.
All OTR power units are equipped with satellite tracking systems (Qualcomm). The fleet travels over 14 million miles annually and hauls over 520,000,000 lbs. Over 210 men and women make up the RMDS team, including 120+ drivers and 75+ shipping employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.