Service Shop Parts Counter Sales – Stone Truck Parts
Assist service shop with questions on products, prices, availability and product features. Provide support to service shop with locating parts, ordering parts and delivering parts to assigned tech. Responsible for core return, warranty part return. Responsible for billing all used items to correct RO. Other task as needed and assigned by Service Manager.
- Answer questions about products, prices, availability, and product features
- Answer all incoming calls and direct callers as needed
- Bill parts to Repair Orders
- Actively assist in achieving monthly sales goals for the branch
- Ensure that counter parts area is clean and in order
- Assist with returns and warranties
- Advise Purchasing on stock levels for trends
- Place special orders with vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Work closely with Service Manager and Service Coordinator to obtain service shop sales goals.
- Previous heavy duty truck parts knowledge and experience is preferred
- Strong work ethic and punctual attendance
- Excellent customer service skills, which includes written and verbal communication
- Must have professional phone manner
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to multi-task
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Must work well within a team environment
- Must be willing to work extra hours (if needed) for vendor training and inventory
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have hands on experience and working knowledge of inventory, processing, and controls
- Valid driver’s license
The Heavy Vehicle Parts Group (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) serves the heavy duty commercial vehicle aftermarket in the U.S. They supply quality replacement parts for the repair and maintenance of heavy duty trucks and trailers. HVPG is tailored to the specific needs of their marketplace as great care is taken to provide the products wanted by their customers.
Customers have access to over 520,000 parts from leading industry name brand suppliers, as well as quality private label products. Customers include fleets, independent fleet operators, major repair facilities, trailer OEM’s and others in the heavy duty parts distribution and repair channel. HVPG’s focus is on the needs of their customers by investing in inventory, equipment, and empowering its employees to provide exemplary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.