Counter sales employees perform a variety of duties. Primarily greet and assist customers, provide technical advice, promote the current sales promotion.
- Assisting customers with their parts questions and needs (either in-person or via telephone)
- Operating a cash register, computer and paper cataloging systems and processing daily paperwork and forms
- Effectively communicating features, benefits, and warranty policy information to customers
- Effectively communicate current sales promotions
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude as well as presenting professional conduct and appearance at all times
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and their applications ( give technical advice, troubleshoot, and help solve customers’ problems
- Provide sales support, process customer stock orders
- Assist outside salesperson, as needed
- Perform all other associated tasks assigned by management
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prior Heavy Duty parts background or knowledge is preferred
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- A positive attitude and great personal drive
- A willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced retail sales environment
- Availability to work on weekends
- Valid driver’s license
The Heavy Vehicle Parts Group (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) serves the heavy duty commercial vehicle aftermarket in the U.S. through its TW Distribution Center and their Traction and Global Parts stores. They supply quality replacement parts for the repair and maintenance of heavy duty trucks and trailers. HVPG is tailored to the specific needs of their marketplace as great care is taken to provide the products wanted by their customers.
Customers have access to over 520,000 parts from leading industry name brand suppliers, as well as quality private label products. Customers include fleets, independent fleet operators, major repair facilities, trailer OEM’s and others in the heavy duty parts distribution and repair channel. HVPG’s focus is on the needs of their customers by investing in inventory, equipment, and empowering its employees to provide exemplary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.