Mechanical Engineering Internship
Balkamp is looking for summer interns to join our Indianapolis Headquarters Team. The three-month assignments are project-focused and designed to emulate full-time responsibilities in safely testing and analyzing various automotive products against industry standards or known benchmarks and effectively documenting and communicating those results. Will work closely with the Product Development Manager and Quality and Research Manager to effectively deliver testing results to the Sourcing and Category management teams. Additionally, summer interns gain unique exposure to Product Development and Supply Chain leaders while gaining unmatched practical experience for pursuing a full-time role in Balkamp Leadership Development Program.
- Applicant should be pursuing B.S. or M.S. degree in, Operations Management, Applied Engineering Sciences or Industrial Engineering
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and statistical applications knowledge
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with business partners
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills
- PC skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other analytical tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results
- Thought leader—brings thought leadership to every meeting to create positive outcomes
- Demonstrated personal accountability for results
- Customer focused
Come join a winning team! Napa Balkamp, part of Genuine Parts Company, is a global leader in automotive & industrial parts distribution. As a fortune 200 company with over 40,000 employees worldwide, Genuine Parts has enjoyed a 90 year history of growth. NAPA Balkamp supplies parts to over 60 NAPA distribution centers and over 6,000 NAPA stores through operations in Plainfield, IN and Salt Lake City, UT.
With our headquarters, located just a few miles from downtown Indianapolis, Balkamp offers unmatched professional growth opportunities. Individuals can explore roles in the areas such as Category Management, Supply Chain, Operations, Marketing, Sales, IT, and Finance. Balkamp offers multiple paths into the company including internships, direct hires, and leadership development program opportunities. Our family of employees enjoy a fun work environment, competitive wages, benefits, employee discounts, and opportunities to be part of multiple racing sponsorship events.