3M Business Development Specialist
The 3M Business Development Specialist is a sales position that will serve as the single point of contact to align the 3M Field Team with the Motion Industries Field Team within the Division. The Specialist achieves sales objectives by providing sales coverage of assigned accounts within the Division. We are looking for candidates with significant achievements in sales who have demonstrated advanced use of selling skills and have consistently produced positive sales results.
- Serves as the 3M liaison for the Motion Industries branch locations within the Division
- Attends periodic 3M key Division product training in St. Paul to understand the breath of line, key applications, competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Leads ongoing 3M product training sessions for the Motion Industries Inside and Outside Teams
- Acts as an internal technical resource on 3M products, applications, field support, solutions, and cost savings documentation
- Champions the target account planning process between the Field Teams
- Collaborates and drives Joint Sales calls between the field Teams
- Conducts monthly opportunity pipeline review meetings in conjunction with the 3M Field Team
- Provides monthly dashboard reports on Key Performance Indicators linked to the Motion Industries 3M program goals and objectives
- Delivery of revenue growth for 3M products within the designated Division
- Delivery of documented cost savings
- Strong people skills
- Advanced selling skills, influencing, verbal and written communication, listening, interpersonal, negotiating, presentation, and coordinating skills
- Applies broad sales knowledge and experience, providing leadership to others as a technically specialized practitioner
- Business plan development and leadership skills
- Works with executive level end-user customers to facilitate the selling process
- Requires planning, administrative and analytical skills
- Use of computers, including basic Personal Computer (PC) software, specialized sales software, and online sales support systems
- Recognized as a professional due to market knowledge and presence
- Competency in 3M products a plus
Motion Industries (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) serves the industrial marketplace with MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operation) replacement parts and services through a network of 500 locations across North America, Canada and Mexico. Customers have access to over 4.1 million parts from Motion’s extensive line of authorized brands in Bearings, Mechanical Power Transmission, Electrical and Industrial Automation, Hydraulic and Industrial Hose, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Components, Industrial Supplies, and Material Handling.
Beyond parts, Motion Industries provides hands-on-services that are critical to the smooth operation of our customers’ facilities. We are at the forefront of e-business and technology in our industry and we have our own training institute.
As an industry leader, Motion focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products, and processes make Motion Industries one of the most valued industrial distributors around.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please visit www.motionindustries.com.