Retail Team Leader-Oswego
Acts as retail team leader including activities such as creating/maintaining a customer-friendly retail environment, ensuring product is displayed according to company guidelines, and ensuring retail employees present a positive, customer-centric, image.
- Retail Sales Growth
- Store Profit Improvement
- Inventory Turnover Improvement
- Partners with the store management to lead a culture where every team member in the store strives to achieve benchmark customer service and store standard outcomes as defined in the KPI list.
- Sets the customer experience benchmark in the store and leads by example to ensure a positive customer interaction.
- Instills an attitude of customer service excellence and superior selling skills across the team by displaying correct behavior, training employees when necessary.
- Maintains general cleanliness standards, both inside and outside of the store, ensuring fixtures are clean and in good repair, floor is clean and free of clutter, windows are clean and free of unnecessary stickers or signage and parking lot is free of rubbish.
- Processes ePlanogram updates in point-of-sale system to ensure information is current and available. Ensures ePlanogram updates are completed on time and to plan. Provides feedback on any issues with ePlanograms to the retail team.
- Ensures all price labels are updated on a weekly basis and conduct regular price label checks, using the hand held RF scanner.
- Reports any issues with price labels back to the retail team.
- Ensures all product within the planogram is forward facing and pulled to the front of the shelf (front and faced).
- Proactively manages any out of stocks and conduct an ‘out of stock’ scan, using the hand held RF scanner, daily, ensuring stock is full and on show at all times.
- Ensures all price labels are updated on a weekly basis and conducts regular price label checks, using the hand held RF scanner. Reports any issues with price labels back to the retail team.
- Actively suggests the Know How To Ask item to all customers.
- Merchandises the store to the highest standard, ensuring all displays are clearly priced, full of product, front and faced.
- Completes the Retail Sales Driver Tie Up task on time.
- Ensures all team members adhere to the standards of dress and name badges are worn at all times.
- Reads and acts on all retail communication and associated tasks.
- Leads other team members and provide specific mentoring and coaching to Retail Coordinators, where applicable.
- 2-4 year’s experience in a RETAIL environment is essential
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Demonstrated ability to merchandise product creatively to drive sales
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to lead a team
- Highly organized
- Basic skills in Microsoft office
- Outgoing personality with a positive approach
- Must be able to work retail hours, which will include nights and weekends
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 60 pounds.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (ten feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.