Warehouse Stockroom Associate (Part Time)
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic detail oriented Part Time Stock Associate to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals. The Stock Associate is the ideal position for a person who is detail oriented with a strong work ethic. As a Stock Associate you will have a variety of duties that help to control and maintain inventory in our Distribution Center.
- Checks, verifies, loads, stocks, and pulls inventory to meet store and customer orders.
- Performs daily inspections of appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck, radio frequency scanners and printers.
- Operates warehouse machinery in accordance with established safety procedures as needed to maintain the warehouse stock.
- Verifies and completes required documentation and reports.
- Complies with hazardous material regulations and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, organized warehouse environment at all times.
- Complies with all applicable laws / regulations, as well as company policies / procedures.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education.No previous experience required.
- Previous experience in a distribution center and/or warehouse environment preferred.
- Must be able to read, understand written/verbal instructions, and communicate to other team members.
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to work in a drug free atmosphere.
- Ability to work with computer scanning equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a Team environment.
- Must be able to have basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors and customers).
- Ability to lift / carry by hand freight weighing up to 75 pounds several times a week.
- Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at a quick speed of pace.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.