NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Counter Sales Trainee to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals. The Counter Sales Trainee is the ideal position for knowledgeable and energetic people who have a passion for automotive parts and believe in taking care of the customer and the power of teamwork.
As a Counter Sales Trainee, you will primarily be focused on helping customers with their auto parts questions, do-it-yourself projects and auto parts needs. Providing prompt and courteous service to wholesale and retail customers is the primary function of this position while acquiring the necessary experience and skills to perform additional job related sales tasks.
Other responsibilities for position include:
- Establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service.
- Be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper selection and delivery of parts, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Have a well groomed; neat appearance as you will have direct customer contact.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills in a professional manner.
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting; be competitive yet have the ability to work calmly under pressure.
NAPA’s ideal Counter Sales Reps will have strong Know How and experience of all things automotive, and will bring a passion for delivering customer care to the job every day.
Other requirements include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to train and learn.
- Ability to thrive and have fun in a busy, fast-paced retail environment.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Valid driver license AND/OR reliable transportation.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Prior experience in the retail industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to work retail hours including weekends and holidays.
- Able to process cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Capable of lifting and moving items of up to 45 pounds.
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.