Site Selection GIS Analyst
The Store Site Modeling & Research Analyst helps support the strategic vision for APG Real Estate to ultimately meet the organization’s growth goals. This individual is a part of the Real Estate department and supports the team with research and detailed analysis concerning potential acquisition and development opportunities. More specifically, the Analyst will perform market surveys, run site forecasts and generate other strategic planning and tactical maps for the organization.
Position Performance Measures:
- Optimization of APG’s store portfolio and drive market development
- Development and maintenance of sound, decision-quality GIS and related data systems
- Efficiency and responsiveness in identifying open markets, under-penetrated markets and underperforming stores in collaboration with the APG Real Estate & New Market Development Group
- Create and maintain forecasting model in an effort to predict store performance and the impact of new stores on surrounding stores
- Complete relocation analysis and sales transfer analysis
- Manages the APG’s Forum Analytics™ site modeling tools
- Manages the APG’s ESRI GIS tools
- Interfaces with Real Estate and New Market Managers/Directors to ensure that site modeling requests are delivered in a timely and professional manner
- Stays up-to-date on the latest GIS technologies and how their possible application within the APG
- Creates ad-hoc GIS and analytical reports
- Updates ESRI and Forum Analytics™ GIS tables and datasets
- Reviews, logs, and distributes Site Modeling Reports
- Conducts Internet-based research on markets and Aftermarket competitors
- Creates thematic and point-based maps for use in strategic planning and presentations
- 3+ years’ market development experience (real estate, retail, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in ESRI suite of products
- Ability to multi-task and manage overlapping deadlines
- Database and data management experience
- Experience with marketing analysis
- Proficiency with other business intelligence tools (Qliksense, Tableau, COGNOS, Business Objects, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Limited travel is expected with this position
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Geography or planning experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.