Assistant Store Manager – Belton
To achieve maximum market penetration, to drive store growth, and to increase sales and profitability by creating a superior customer experience, and a culture of employee engagement. Partner with Store Manager to provide daily leadership, and establish a work experience in the company owned store that enables NAPA to be the dominant parts supplier in the market.
- Achieve APG mission/vision/values through execution of plans designed to engage employees, create superior customer experiences, and achieve assigned results.
- Assist the Store Manager to plan workloads and assign work schedules on a daily/weekly basis.
- Assist the Store Manager in managing all controllable expenses.
Customer Focus and Revenue Growth:
- Assist in the development of a store team that consistently delivers high levels of customer service and business results (including providing priority delivery service).
- Address customer sales/service questions quickly.
- Ensure that customers have a pleasant shopping experience on the phone or in the store.
- Manage the store counter and related activities.
Operational Excellence and Asset Management Protection:
- Assist in the preparation for Safety and Security Audits.
- Insure that proper processes and procedures are utilized to minimize inventory shrinkage.
- Assure that merchandise is received and stocked in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure the sales area is stocked and displayed to create a superior customer experience by using the Store Recovery checklist..
- Working with the Store Manager to assure that all delivery vehicles are kept in working order and are maintained in such a way as to represent our company in a positive manner to both our customers and the public.
- Assist Store Manager to create and maintain a safe work environment and ensure that required HazMat training occurs in a timely fashion.
- Understand, interpret, and comply with Company policies.
- Ensure overall cleanliness of the store, stock room and outside areas.
People Development and Employee Engagement:
- Use company resources such as FastTrack and FastStart to help develop employees.
- Help create and sustain a workplace that is respectful of the individual and builds teamwork.
- Demand high standards of performance.
- Follow standards related to employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Monitor and recognize both good and unacceptable performance of employees.
- Build trusting and productive working relationships with others and coach employees on how to build the relationships as well.
- Requires demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market service industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment. Experience in heavy duty parts and service or paints is also a plus.
- Have a working knowledge of the accounts the store services.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical school and/or college degree a plus.
- ASE Parts Certification required.
- Possesses high character and always deals fairly with both employees and customers.
- Provides strong leadership to the operation to create a high performance team via customer focus, open communication, a willingness to coach and provide feedback.
- Possesses personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Enjoys working with people in a fast-paced setting; is competitive yet has the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Insures proper maintenance and protection of Company store facilities, equipment, inventory and other physical assets of the Company.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to learn.
- Possesses analytical problem solving skills.
- Is able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required by customer business needs.
- Possesses an understanding of purchasing and solid negotiation skills.
- Possesses strong customer relationship management skills.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Able to use the adding machines and process cash, check and credit card transactions.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 60 pounds.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (ten feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to turn brake drums and rotors, and repair/make up air conditioning and hydraulic hose assemblies (if appropriate).
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.