Automotive Parts Retail Sales Associate
Imagine being able to use your expertise to help our customers succeed and stay safely on the road! NAPA’s Counter Sales role is the ideal position for an energetic person who has a passion for automotive parts, believes in taking care of the customer, and wants to grow with the NAPA team. As a Counter Sales person, you will deliver exceptional NAPA Know How service to our Wholesale customers and help Retail Customers with their auto parts questions, do-it-yourself projects and auto parts needs.
Why NAPA? NAPA delivers quality experience not only to our customers but to our employees, in the form of career growth opportunities, great benefits including 401(k), and a parts discount!
What we need from you:
- Love automotive!
- Passion for retail, serving our customers, and working in a strong team environment
- Customer focus and high energy in our fast-paced stores
- Bringing customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores.
- Helping other team members when working with customers or finding auto parts.
- Operating a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems.
- Working towards continuous improvement with our in store processes and procedures.
NAPA’s ideal Counter Sales Representative will have strong Know How and experience of all things automotive, and will bring a passion for delivering customer care to the job every day.
Other requirements include:
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
* Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* No previous experience required.
* Must be able to read, understand written/verbal instructions, and communicate to other team members.
* Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
* Must be able to pass a background check.
* Must be able to work in a drug free atmosphere.
* Ability to work with computer scanning equipment.
* Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
* Must be able to work both independently and in a Team environment.
* Must be able to have basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors and customers).
* Ability to lift / carry by hand freight weighing up to 60 pounds several times a week.
* Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
* Ability to bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at a quick speed of pace.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.