Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for partnering with leadership to drive cultural change and people strategies that support the key business initiatives. This role will be expected to provide thought leadership and strong execution on broad-based generalist tasks. Scope includes design, development, communication, implementation and audit of sound HR strategies, processes and programs in support of achieving business objectives.
- Develop and influence strategic and operational HR initiatives for the site to support the business plan
- Plan and ensure effectiveness of key HR processes (recruitment, on-boarding, training, performance management, compensation, payroll) for client population
- Maintain a positive employee relations culture by providing support, facilitate issue resolution and develop and implement solutions to organizational and people related challenges
- Lead talent acquisition efforts for the site to ensure we are attracting, developing and retaining top talent to support business imperatives
- Drive engagement in order to leverage talent as a competitive advantage
- Champion talent management initiatives to ensure succession depth and organization capability meet the future needs of the business
- Identify competency needs and design/implement training to close organizational gaps
- Drive a performance culture in the organization ensuring effective execution of the performance process (Talent Quest) and that coaching & counseling happens at all levels
- Partner with corporate on the execution of local benefit & wellness programs
- Administer FMLA, STD, LTD, Worker’s Compensation and other types of leave programs
- Partner with Employee Service Center or corporate headquarters HR as needed to support employee’s administration needs
- Serve as primary point of contact for site Safety programs driving continuous improvement
- Manage compensation and pay structure to ensure market competitiveness across both hourly/salaried populations in attracting and retaining top talent
- Lead functional HR projects/initiatives on an ad-hoc basis
- At least 3-5 years of progressive HR leadership experience with strong HR generalist background and deep knowledge of HR systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters or MBA in HR or related field, PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated ability to develop and align HR initiatives to accelerate achievement of strategic business objectives
- Knowledge of HR law and employment practices
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills including planning, prioritization and follow-up
- Easily adaptable to changes in the work environment and able to manage competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
In late 1935, the NAPA member companies decided to form their own company to "re-package" parts manufactured by others. The new company would purchase from various manufacturers and redistribute to NAPA warehouses, thus developing NAPA’s own private purchasing company.
The NAPA Board of Directors formed the Balkamp Manufacturing Corporation on March 11, 1936 with an initial investment of less than $50,000. The company took its name from the names of two of its early managers, John Baldwin and his assistant, Bob Leerkamp.
Balkamp had humble beginnings. With only three employees, the company operated out of 1,000 square feet on the second floor of a small building on Capital Avenue in Indianapolis.
By the end of its first five years, the employee count grew to 18 and the operation grew to 8,000 square feet in size. Balkamp (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) has NAPA product Distribution Centers located in Plainfield, Indiana and Salt Lake City, Utah. These strategically placed operations serve all NAPA Distribution Centers, all 6000 auto part stores, and UAP Distibution Centers in Canada. Balkamp can ship to each NAPA DC in less than 48 hours from order receipt to delivery. In addition, Balkamp ships to 17 DC’s twice a week.
The success Balkamp has had since 1936 has come from a strong team effort between the employees and the suppliers. Working together, they are able to provide the best possible service to Balkamp customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.