Store Merchandiser Store Setup
Works alongside merchandising and setup services at each remodel, building expansion, and new construction. Completes all tasks assigned by store setup coordinator which includes assembly of merchandise materials and displays, and all other interior display items in the store.
- Oversees store setup changes according to work guide specifications on installations. Removes out-of-date branding items, such as signage, and replaces items with new format.
- Installs store fixtures including shelving, display cases, oil racks, parts counter, or any other movable fixtures in stores. Ensures all fixtures meet recommended guidelines based on type of store setups. Installs interior graphics to specification.
- Arranges all products in stores according to planogram specifications. Fills empty holes and display hooks in the sales area from inventory in back of store. Investigates inventory issues as they arise and communicate with store management on the issue and makes solution recommendations.
- Facilitates EIR, by returning inventory that is no longer in system, according to schedule and guidelines. Must identify EIR, package it for delivery to distribution center, and obtain appropriate approval.
- Maintains general cleanliness standards, both inside and outside of the store, ensuring fixtures are clean and in good repair, floor is clean and free of clutter, windows are clean and free of unnecessary stickers or signage and parking lot is free of rubbish.
- Creates and submits final report out to district and headquarters leaders which details what actions were taken and pictures of both before and after setup.
- Follows safety protocols and rules including proper use of tools and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to perform the required duties of the job and other duties as assigned.
- Previous retail experience with store set-up, planograms, store fixtures, or construction projects preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to all stores within territory.
- Ability to utilize and operate a RADS gun.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent individual and group communication skills.
- Strong collaborator with a team mindset.
- Sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and projects.
- Creative and able to manage time effectively.
- Reasonable analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with persuasive abilities.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Work performed in a retail store environment, may include construction.
- Ability to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor level shelves and able to reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Travels between 50% – 75% of the time in market.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.